Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The cute girl I'm going to visit, Valerie.







I'm leaving tomorrow for Texas. Some may wonder, why did she choose Texas. Well, I live in Utah and Texas is warm. But the real reason is Valerie. Valerie is a fantasic friend of mine who just happens to live in Texas. We went to High School together and are still friends 11 years later. She makes amazing cakes, has a cute son and hilarious husband. (See her blog on my blog list) Here is a trip into the past. When hair and clothes and friends were everything! You know, I just have to say that I'm glad we aren't judged entirely on high school. High school kids think they are SO grown up. But like Rhyan always says: the older I get, the more stupid I used to be! Amen to that. I must say, however, that my group of friends in High School were pretty awesome. We had a lot of good, clean, fun and got through the teen scene pretty well. That being said, I'll post again in a week or so when I have my trip documented. I'm leaving you with a cool page I am working on though. I did the ribbons and buttons myself. I love this digital scrapbooking stuff!

3 comments:

Sandy N said...

Looks like alot of fun.
I checked out her blog, and I cant believe how talented she is. I dont think I have ever seen such gorgeous cakes!!!

Valerie said...

Oh, I'm so embarrassed!! I can't believe you have all those pictures. It brings back sooooo many memories! Thanks for sharing them...it makes me even more excited to see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Let me tell you, Valerie has been so excited about you coming to Texas to stay with her for a few days. She's planned a few things for the two of you, and like you she needs to have some fun girl days.
The pictures brought back so many fun times that you had with your academy friends. You were such a fun bunch of kids. Even as a mom I enjoyed all of the times spent in our home studying and hanging out. I was so privileged to have spent so much time with all of you. I still run into Matt, Kamron and Josh once in awhile. Hope that you have an enjoyable time. Love, Claire