Tuesday, April 8, 2008

About a Neurologist and a condo (not in that order)

Grandma enjoying the cute babies

Joshua on the stairs

Hardman's in the sun


Boy, they LOVED these stairs (I thought they were cool too)

Casey trying to catch bugs in 35 degrees, dream on.


Missing teeth twins, Jaxon and Erika

We had such a good time at the condos with Grandma and Grandpa. We all enjoyed conference too. Well, the grown ups did. You know how it is. The Condo had this amazingly fun spiral staircase up to a loft. Even I had to play on it a little. Who can really resist a spiral staircase? Show me that person and I'll show you someone who is just pretending to resist a spiral staircase. Just admit it and we'll move on. In other exciting news, we went to see the neurologist today to have Brooklyn looked over. We loved the Dr. She was fantastic. Brooklyn has made massive improvement in many areas and is now age appropriate in all areas except speech and gross motor development. In those areas she is still only at about an 8-9 month level. The Dr. said that this could be from a stroke at her birth, it could be a birth defect with the gray matter in her brain or some other reason that we may never figure out. It's also too early to rule out autism though the Dr. doesn't think that is likely. The good news is that most likely, she will catch up and be just fine! So, the plan is to continue with physical and occupational therapy and reassess in 6 months. By then, we expect her to be walking and talking a bit more. In the mean time, it's time to lower her crib. It's still on the highest setting. I've loved not having to move it before now. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have worried with us over this little angel. I've felt your support.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That spiral staircase does look cool! And I'm glad to hear about Brooklyn. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Michaelangelo said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Someday I want to have a spiral staircase like that!
Congratulations Brooklyn on the great progress! We hope everything continues to go so well!
Can I just say that I love being able to keep in touch and see pictures so frequently? It makes my day! Thanks!

Mandy said...

Hurray! That news sounds really really good for Brooklyn! Thanks for letting us all know her progress. Also I loved the confernence pictures and I LOVED my picture you did of Jaxon! I can't wait to have it framed! See you all soon!

Andrea Hardman said...

I love being able to see everyone's updates too. Thanks for your posts, everyone. It makes my life fun.

Craig And Kerri said...

Looks like a pretty cool condo, where was this at??
We are so glad to hear the great news about Brooklyn, I love the pic of the Toothless Twins.
Love you guys
Craig & Kerri