Friday, December 5, 2008

Pretty much, I'm the best Mom ever

Brooklyn woke me up again at 4:30 AM this morning. I've been in denial but it's true. I haven't been back to sleep either. And I have even been nice to her all day. I can say "all day" at 8:30 AM because it's been 4 freaking hours since she woke me up. Now, that's not the amazing part. The amazing part is that I don't feel like being nice to her. When she scratched me, I wanted to scratch her back, ditto the pushing and screaming in my ear. I think that my inner 2-year-old sympathized with her. But I didn't do any of those things. I just held her hands down and told her to be gentle. I think I deserve a reward. Maybe not mom of the year, but certainly "Mom of the Morning of December 5th, 2008" It should come with a plaque, balloons, confetti and much applause. And a bag of Hershey's candy cane kisses. Yea. Definitely the kisses.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I am SO glad that I am not the only mom those thoughts come to!! You have been wonderful.....I couldn't imagine you otherwise to your adorable kids.

MommaM said...

You ARE a really good mom. Here's a gold star. (lick and stick) I very much look up to you and the way you raise (deal with) your children. I love you. You definitely deserve those kisses.

Andrea Hardman said...

Thanks everyone!

Heidi L Barber said...

I agree. You're an awesome mom. You inspire me and I hope I get the chance to try out being a mom like you someday. I hope you get the chocolate!

Michaelangelo said...

Congratulations on keeping your self control... I never knew I would want to throw fits sometimes at 25 years old. Just hope my common sense stays together until my kids are past this phase. :) Oh isn't life fun!

tonya said...

Hey, you've got me beat. I stuck my tongue out at Emily tonight.........