Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On making dinner

My kids have had the flu or something akin to it since Saturday. So I don't want to make dinner. I don't think this is a sin on my part. In fact, isn't it written in Proverbs somewhere: In a sick house thou shalt order pizza. I haven't found it yet but I'm sure I'll come across something. I find that spending my time looking for Proverbs that get me out of doing things is time well spent. And who can really fault me? After all, I'm reading the BIBLE. There's a Proverb about faulting people who read the Bible. Give me a few days and I'll find it for you.

4 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Who needs the sick excuse to not make dinner? I find LOTS of excuses... of course then I just give in and make it anyway :) Hope everyone is getting better!

Veater Family said...

Hi Andrea, this is so funny. I saw that you called but my phone is out of minutes so I can't answer it. It will reset on the 16th of this month. I AM GETTING A LAND LINE IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO!!!

Valerie said...

I like the--kids are sick, let's order pizza--deal. I should use it more often. Although, I guess it requires one to become sick and I don't know if I really want to wish for that.

BTW -- AnnMarie is moving back to Utah. She's getting her MBA through BYU. Just thought you would like to know!

Leisha Mareth said...

we've been sick here too...i think i know which proverb you are talking about...i think it also says somethin akin to, 'make they husband thy servant when ill' as well. it's a great one!

p.s. i hope you don't mind, but i added you to my blog roll. i meant to do it awhile ago, but i'm always in a rush these days! if you want me to take it down i will! =)